St. Louis, MO. Surrounding Counties, and Municipal Information
This information has been compiled to provide
sewer lateral insurance programs, and other valuable information pertaining to cities, municipalities, and counties in the St. Louis region and surrounding counties.
The information on each listing is furnished and deemed reliable to the best of St. Louis ASHI’s knowledge but should be verified prior to use. St. Louis ASHI assume no liability for typographical errors, misprints or misinformation. Please check with the individual Cities if you have any questions. These ordinances change daily; therefore, we cannot guarantee the accuracy of this information.
Occupancy Permit Requirements
- Residential Occupancy Permit Required Yes
- Rental Occupancy Permit Required Yes
- Commercial Occupancy Permit Required Yes
Occupancy Inspection Details
Buying a House in Bridgeton
It is the responsibility of the buyer to apply for and obtain a Residential Occupancy Permit. The Occupancy Permit will only be approved if an exterior inspection has been completed and the seller has received a Certificate of Exterior Appearance Compliance.
Application & Fees
Download an Application for Residential Occupancy Permit (PDF), or pick one up at the Information Desk at City Hall (12355 Natural Bridge Road).
The fee for Residential Occupancy Permit application is $30.
Selling a House in Bridgeton
It is the responsibility of the homeowner to apply for an exterior inspection, and obtain a Certificate of Exterior Appearance Compliance. Without this certificate, a home will not be approved for the occupancy of a buyer.
Applying for an Inspection
Download an Application for Exterior Inspection (PDF), or pick one up at the Information Desk at City Hall (12355 Natural Bridge Road).
The application fee for an Exterior Inspection is $40. This fee includes the initial inspection and 1 reinspection. All additional inspections will be $28 per inspection.
Rental Occupancy Permits
To apply for a Residential Rental Inspection and Occupancy Permit the building owner must fill out an application (PDF), which can also be obtained at the Information Desk at City Hall (12355 Natural Bridge Road). The City of Bridgeton requires a copy of the building owner and the tenant’s photo identification prior to approval. Please make sure you have a clear copy of both when applying.
|Inspection Type||Fee Amount|
|Single Family Dwelling||$40 (includes 1 re-inspection)|
|Two-Family Dwelling||$25 per unit (includes 1 re-inspection)|
|Multi-Family Dwelling||$25 per unit (includes 1 re-inspection)|
|Additional Inspections||$28 each|
Sewer Lateral Insurance Program
- Reimbursement 100% up to 10,000 / 50% up to 20,000
- Limit of Coverage 20,000
- Contact Information 314-739-7665
- Website https://www.bridgetonmo.com/418/Sewer-Lateral-Repair-Program
- What portion of lateral repair / replacement is covered by program? Between the foundation wall and the sewer main
Sewer Lateral Program Details
Qualifying Property Owners
In order to be eligible for sewer lateral repair under this program:
- Repairs to the affected sewer lateral line must be performed by a licensed drain layer who is registered with and in good standing with the Public Works Department of St. Louis County, Missouri.
- The property owner must pay the annual lateral assessment funding fee which will be reflected on the real property tax bill issued yearly by the Collector of Revenue of St. Louis County, Missouri beginning in the year 2000.
Lateral Blockages & Cleaning
- A property owner who qualifies for reimbursement under the sewer lateral repair fund, and who is experiencing sewer lateral blockage must first have the lateral cleaned at the owner’s expense, which is not reimbursable under this program.
- If cleaning the lateral does not remove the blockage, a camera or other adequate inspection must be made to identify the problem. If inspection of the sewer lateral line reveals a break or collapse in the lateral, the property owner may file a claim with the City for the cost of repair to the lateral under the Sewer Lateral Repair Program.
- Reimbursable costs are only those costs incurred when the inspection made to determine the collapse or break in the lateral successfully makes such a determination, for
- The actual costs for repair of the lateral break
- The costs of re-seeding or replacement of grass sod to restore ground cover
- The repair or replacement of all sidewalks and driveways
- The sewer lateral fund will reimburse 100% of the cost for sewer lateral line repair up to $10,000, and fifty percent of any cost which exceeds $10,000 up to a maximum of $20,000.
Payment for the sewer lateral repair will be made by the City directly to the contractor.
To file for the Sewer Lateral Repair Program the property owner must submit:
- The application (PDF) (4 pages)
- A copy of a current paid real estate property tax bill
- A copy of the paid bill for the original lateral line cleaning
- Three qualified bids on the contractor’s letterhead
- The video or disk of the camera inspection
If the property owner was charged for a camera inspection, submit a copy of the paid bill and this amount will be reimbursed.
For a list of licensed drain layers, please contact the Public Works Department at 314-739-7665.
Requirements for Bids
If the repair cost is estimated to exceed $1,500, then the claim for reimbursement should be accompanied by three written competitive bids or cost estimates for repair of the affected lateral line, which are obtained by the property owner from three different qualified licensed drain layers.
If emergency conditions exist, only two qualifying bids may be required.
*** Please Note: Most municipalities, cities, and counties with sewer lateral programs limit reimbursements and expenses to the amount available in the Fund at any time. Some offer waiting lists and reimbursements out of the next year’s Fund revenue. Funds typically are on a first-come, first-served basis. You should always check on fund availability. Additionally, most municipalities will require proof of PAID real estate tax bills, city fees, taxes, including personal property taxes, and trash fees if applicable for eligibility to participate in any available programs.
City Services Phone Directory
- Police Department 314-739-7557
- Building Permits 314-739-7665
- Parks and Recreation 314-739-5599
- Public Works 314-739-7665
- Electricity Ameren Missouri
- Natural Gas Spire
- Water Missouri American Water Company
- Sewer MSD (Metropolitan Sewer District)
- Garbage / Recycling Republic Services (Allied Waste)
Bridgeton is Served by 5 Fire Districts
Pattonville Fire Protection District
13900 St. Charles Rock Road
Bridgeton, MO 63044
Robertson Fire Protection District
(Fire House #1) (Fire House #2)
12461 Missouri Bottom Road 3820 Taussig Avenue
Hazelwood, MO 63042 Bridgeton, MO 63044
West Overland Fire Protection District
St. Louis, MO 63114
Maryland Heights Fire Protection District
2600 Schuetz Road
Maryland Heights, MO 63043
Community Fire Protection District
8847 St. Charles Rock Road
St. Louis, MO 63114
12355 Natural Bridge Rd Bridgeton MO 63044
The information contained in this directory and on each city, municipality, and county listing is furnished and believed to be reliable by the American Society of Home Inspectors, St. Louis Chapter hereinafter known as St. Louis ASHI and its officers and members' knowledge. However, all information should be independently verified by the user prior to use. Neither the St. Louis ASHI, the American Society of Home Inspectors, Inc., nor its officers, directors or members may be held liable for errors, omissions, misuse or misinterpretation. There is no warranty, expressed or implied, as to the accuracy of any information. Please check with the individual governmental and related entities to confirm the information or if you have any questions. These ordinances and requirements often change; and we cannot guarantee the accuracy of this information.
LOGO and TRADEMARK DISCLAIMER: All trademarks, trade names, or logos mentioned or used are the property of their respective owners. Every effort has been made to properly capitalize, punctuate, identify and attribute trademarks and trade names to their respective owners, including the use of ® and ™ (TM) wherever possible and practical. The “St. Louis ASHI” name and logo are trademarks and properties of the St. Louis Chapter of the American Society of Home Inspectors.