St. Louis, MO. Surrounding Counties, and Municipal Information
This information has been compiled to provide
sewer lateral insurance programs, and other valuable information pertaining to cities, municipalities, and counties in the St. Louis region and surrounding counties.
We are currently open.
|Monday||8:00 am||–||4:30 pm|
|Tuesday||8:00 am||–||4:30 pm|
|Wednesday||8:00 am||–||4:30 pm|
|Thursday||8:00 am||–||4:30 pm|
|Friday||8:00 am||–||4:30 pm|
The information on each listing is furnished and deemed reliable to the best of St. Louis ASHI’s knowledge but should be verified prior to use. St. Louis ASHI assume no liability for typographical errors, misprints or misinformation. Please check with the individual Cities if you have any questions. These ordinances change daily; therefore, we cannot guarantee the accuracy of this information.
Occupancy Permit Requirements
- Residential Occupancy Permit Required No
- Rental Occupancy Permit Required Yes
- Commercial Occupancy Permit Required Yes
Occupancy Inspection Details
Sewer Lateral Insurance Program
- Reimbursement 100% up to 10,000 and 50% of cost in excess of 10,000
- Contact Information 314-729-4837
- Website https://www.cityofcrestwood.org/topic/index.php?topicid=100&structureid=21
- What portion of lateral repair / replacement is covered by program? Between the foundation wall, or exterior wall and the sewer main
Sewer Lateral Program Details
Single family home, a duplex or an apartment development containing not more than six (6) dwelling units may recover one hundred percent (100%) of the authorized costs, up to a maximum of $10,000, in repairing defective sanitary sewer lateral service lines serving the property of the owner. Property owners will be responsible for 50% of repair costs in excess of $10,000. Notwithstanding, the total annual expenditures shall not exceed the amount budgeted for the sewer lateral fund for the current fiscal year.
A sanitary sewer lateral service line is a sewer line, which extends from outside the building
foundation wall or exterior wall to the sewer main in the street or sewer easement. It does not
include a sewer line located under any part of the building, including such structures as porches,
decks, etc…. A lateral sewer service line may be located in a front, side, or rear yard.
All residents are eligible for sanitary sewer lateral line cabling and a camera investigation of their sanitary sewer lateral line by the City if they meet any of the following criteria:
- The resident has contracted with a cabling company, and that company cannot open the sanitary sewer lateral line. In this case, the City will contact its cabling contractor to attempt to open the sanitary sewer lateral line and perform a camera investigation. The cost to the resident for the initial cabling is not an eligible expense and shall be paid by the resident. The cost for the City to cable the line and perform the television inspection is an eligible expense and will be paid by the City.
- The resident can provide receipts for three (3) sewer lateral cablings with the previous eighteen (18) months. In this case, the City will contact its cabling contractor to perform a cabling and camera investigation. The cost to the resident for the three (3) initial cablings is not reimbursable and shall be paid by the resident. The cost for the City to cable the line and perform a television inspection is an eligible expense and will be paid by the City.
- The resident can provide a receipt for a cabling and camera investigation and the video of the camera investigation. The cost to the resident for the cabling and camera investigation is not reimbursable and shall be paid by the resident.
- There are sinkholes or other visual evidence in the resident’s yard, which indicate, based upon City staff experience and/or MSD dye test, that the sanitary sewer lateral line may have a defect. In this case, the City will contact its cabling contractor to perform a cabling and camera investigation of the sanitary sewer lateral, which will be paid by the City.
WORK COVERED BY THE PROGRAM
This program only funds the following work:
- Excavation, repair or replacement of the defective portion of the lateral sewer line, or removal of brick(s) in the line.
- Installation of a yard cleanout (if needed).
- Backfilling and compaction (by jetting, tamping, or other) of the disturbed portion of the site, rough graded, and covered with straw to minimize erosion.
- The replacement or repair of sidewalks, driveways, and streets damaged or removed in order to accomplish the repair. Only the replacement of the portion of paved surface that must be removed or damaged to accomplish the sewer repair is covered under this program.
For more information:
*** Please Note: Most municipalities, cities, and counties with sewer lateral programs limit reimbursements and expenses to the amount available in the Fund at any time. Some offer waiting lists and reimbursements out of the next year’s Fund revenue. Funds typically are on a first-come, first-served basis. You should always check on fund availability. Additionally, most municipalities will require proof of PAID real estate tax bills, city fees, taxes, including personal property taxes, and trash fees if applicable for eligibility to participate in any available programs.
City Services Phone Directory
- Police Department 314-729-4800
- Fire Department 314-729-4740
- Parks and Recreation 314-432-3961
- Public Works 314-872-2533
- Electricity Ameren Missouri
- Natural Gas Spire
- Water Missouri American Water Company
- Sewer MSD (Metropolitan Sewer District)
- Garbage / Recycling Waste Connections at 636-321-2100
1 Detjen Dr Crestwood MO 63126
The information contained in this directory and on each city, municipality, and county listing is furnished and believed to be reliable by the American Society of Home Inspectors, St. Louis Chapter hereinafter known as St. Louis ASHI and its officers and members' knowledge. However, all information should be independently verified by the user prior to use. Neither the St. Louis ASHI, the American Society of Home Inspectors, Inc., nor its officers, directors or members may be held liable for errors, omissions, misuse or misinterpretation. There is no warranty, expressed or implied, as to the accuracy of any information. Please check with the individual governmental and related entities to confirm the information or if you have any questions. These ordinances and requirements often change; and we cannot guarantee the accuracy of this information.
LOGO and TRADEMARK DISCLAIMER: All trademarks, trade names, or logos mentioned or used are the property of their respective owners. Every effort has been made to properly capitalize, punctuate, identify and attribute trademarks and trade names to their respective owners, including the use of ® and ™ (TM) wherever possible and practical. The “St. Louis ASHI” name and logo are trademarks and properties of the St. Louis Chapter of the American Society of Home Inspectors.