St. Louis, MO. Surrounding Counties, and Municipal Information

This information has been compiled to provide

occupancy inspection


sewer lateral insurance programs

, and other valuable information pertaining to cities, municipalities, and counties in the St. Louis region and surrounding counties.

  • The results are being filtered by the organization: Creve Coeur

Creve Coeur

Location 300 N New Ballas Road Creve Coeur MO 63141 Contact: 314-432-6000 Website:

Business Hours

Sorry, we are currently closed.

  Open   Close
SundayClosed Today
Monday8:00 am5:00 pm
Tuesday8:00 am5:00 pm
Wednesday8:00 am5:00 pm
Thursday8:00 am5:00 pm
Friday8:00 am5:00 pm
SaturdayClosed Today


The information on each listing is furnished and deemed reliable to the best of St. Louis ASHI’s knowledge but should be verified prior to use. St. Louis ASHI assume no liability for typographical errors, misprints or misinformation. Please check with the individual Cities if you have any questions. These ordinances change daily; therefore, we cannot guarantee the accuracy of this information.

Occupancy Permit Requirements

  • Residential Occupancy Permit Required No
  • Rental Occupancy Permit Required Please See Occupancy Details
  • Conditional Occupancy Permit No
  • Commercial Occupancy Permit Required Yes

Occupancy Inspection Details

Home Occupation for a Business Rules

Inspection required for apartments only.

Sewer Lateral Insurance Program

Sewer Lateral Program Details

The City of Creve Coeur insures sewer laterals for homes in the City for up to fifty percent (50%) of the cost to repair defective laterals, with a maximum City contribution of $7,500. A sewer lateral is the pipe that carries household waste from the home to the Metropolitan St. Louis Sewer District (MSD) sewer main. This program covers only the portion of the lateral pipe between the house connection and the sewer main. This program does not cover a sewer line located under any part of a building or a break inside of the home.


When a sewer lateral line breaks or becomes clogged, sewage typically backs up into the home or yard. Areas in the yard may also sink or collapse in the vicinity of the broken pipe. If you believe your sewer lateral line is broken or clogged, there are a few steps that you need to take before filing a claim with the City.

  1. Contact a plumber or sewer cleaning service to have your sewer lateral cleaned and/or cleared of root infiltration. This is a home-maintenance expense that is not reimbursable by the City.
  2. If cleaning does not solve the problem, then you should have a plumber complete a video inspection of the lateral.
  3. Complete an application for the program and submit it and a copy of the inspection video, report, and supporting documentation to the Department of Public Works for review. The application for the program can be found here: Sanitary Sewer Lateral Application
  4. The Department of Public Works will evaluate whether the lateral has issues that warrant repairs and whether these repairs qualify for reimbursement through the program. Staff will typically review the inspection and notify the applicant of the findings within five (5) days.
  5. If the City determines that the inspection shows that the lateral has defects that warrant repair or replacement that qualifies for the program, then you must obtain three (3) repair bids and submit these bids to the City for review.
  6. The City will review the bids for consistency and completeness and will determine the lowest responsible bid for the work.  The City will set the reimbursement amount based upon the lowest responsible bid.
  7. It is the responsibility of the homeowner to enter into an agreement with the contractor to perform the work, to schedule the work, and to pay the contractor.
  8. Upon completion of the work, the homeowner must submit copies of the following:
    (1)  Sanitary Sewer Lateral Application
    (2)  Copies of all bids received
    (3)  A receipt showing payment (in full) to the contractor
    (4)  A receipt showing all real estate taxes for the current year are paid in full for the property at which the repairs took place
    (5)  A lien waiver from the contractor for the work
    (6)  A completed permit for the work from the St. Louis County Plumbing Department

Upon receipt of all required documents, the City will reimburse the property owner for 50% of the cost of all qualifying repairs, with the City paying a maximum of $7,500. Prior to the reimbursement, the homeowner must pay the plumber in full, as well as any outstanding City bills (such as permit fees, fines for violations, and charges for copies) and the current year’s St. Louis County real estate taxes.


Please contact Kellie Henke in the Department of Public Works at (314) 872-2533 if you have any questions.

*** Please Note: Most municipalities, cities, and counties with sewer lateral programs limit reimbursements and expenses to the amount available in the Fund at any time. Some offer waiting lists and reimbursements out of the next year’s Fund revenue. Funds typically are on a first-come, first-served basis. You should always check on fund availability. Additionally, most municipalities will require proof of PAID real estate tax bills, city fees, taxes, including personal property taxes, and trash fees if applicable for eligibility to participate in any available programs.

City Services Phone Directory

  • Police Department 314-432-8000
  • Fire Department 314-432-5570 Creve Coeur Fire Protection District
  • Animal Control 314-615-0650
  • Building Permits 314-872-2500
  • Parks and Recreation 314-432-3961
  • Public Works 314-872-2505


  • Electricity Ameren Missouri
  • Natural Gas Spire
  • Water Missouri American Water Company
  • Sewer MSD (Metropolitan Sewer District)
  • Garbage / Recycling Republic Services 636-947-5959

Contact / Suggest Button

Suggest Edit
Connections Business Directory | Leaflet | Wikimedia | © OpenStreetMap contributors

300 N New Ballas Road Creve Coeur MO 63141

Last Updated: Aug-2019

The information contained in this directory and on each city, municipality, and county listing is furnished and believed to be reliable by the American Society of Home Inspectors, St. Louis Chapter hereinafter known as St. Louis ASHI and its officers and members' knowledge. However, all information should be independently verified by the user prior to use. Neither the St. Louis ASHI, the American Society of Home Inspectors, Inc., nor its officers, directors or members may be held liable for errors, omissions, misuse or misinterpretation. There is no warranty, expressed or implied, as to the accuracy of any information. Please check with the individual governmental and related entities to confirm the information or if you have any questions. These ordinances and requirements often change; and we cannot guarantee the accuracy of this information.

LOGO and TRADEMARK DISCLAIMER: All trademarks, trade names, or logos mentioned or used are the property of their respective owners. Every effort has been made to properly capitalize, punctuate, identify and attribute trademarks and trade names to their respective owners, including the use of ® and ™ (TM) wherever possible and practical. The “St. Louis ASHI” name and logo are trademarks and properties of the St. Louis Chapter of the American Society of Home Inspectors.

This information is provided as a courtesy of St. Louis ASHI. An American Society of Home Inspectors (ASHI) Chapter.