St. Louis, MO. Surrounding Counties, and Municipal Information
This information has been compiled to provide
sewer lateral insurance programs, and other valuable information pertaining to cities, municipalities, and counties in the St. Louis region and surrounding counties.
Sorry, we are currently closed.
|Monday||8:00 am||–||5:00 pm|
|Tuesday||8:00 am||–||5:00 pm|
|Wednesday||8:00 am||–||5:00 pm|
|Thursday||8:00 am||–||5:00 pm|
|Friday||8:00 am||–||5:00 pm|
Occupancy Permit Requirements
- Residential Occupancy Permit Required Yes
- Conditional Occupancy Permit No
- Commercial Occupancy Permit Required Yes
Sewer Lateral Insurance Program
- Reimbursement 5,000
- Limit of Coverage 100%
- Contact Information 314-521-4339
Sewer Lateral Program Details
This repair program applies to single-family residential units for which the sewer lateral fee is paid prior to any event causing repair. The owner shall provide proof of payment on most recent paid tax bills. Under the Sewer Lateral Repair Program, residents will pay a deposit of $125 which should be submitted with the resident’s application. If there is a break in the line, the $125 deposit will be refunded to the resident and the City will bear the cost for this cleaning in conjunction with this investigative stage, up to the maximum of $5,000. If no break is found and it is determined that the sewer is blocked, the $125 deposit will be retained by the City, and the resident will be responsible for the unblocking of the sewer lateral.
The City’s Sewer Lateral Fund finances the repair of defective sewer lateral lines. The program is funded through a $28 special assessment on residential property charged annually. The Sewer Lateral Repair Program pays for point-of-break repairs, which means that only the portion of the pipe that is defective is repaired. The City will only replace the entire sewer lateral if it is determined to be necessary by the City in consultation with a licensed plumber or drain layer.
The responsibility of the Sewer Lateral Repair Program is limited to the screening for the break or offset, excavation and repair of lateral pipe and backfilling in a workmanlike manner. The top six inches of the backfill material will be topsoil. The Sewer Lateral Repair Program will also be responsible for filling any machinery ruts and scraping any excess dirt created during repair and the replacement of sidewalks and parts of paved driveways and streets removed to repair defective laterals.
HOW DOES THE PROGRAM WORK?
1. If a blockage in your lateral occurs that cannot be removed by a plumber or sewer cleaning service, or a sinkhole is observed, you may have a broken sewer lateral. If such a condition exists, you should come to City Hall and fill out an application for the program. The Sewer Lateral Program will not pay for the cost of sewer cleaning to remove tree roots or buildups, rather this is the responsibility of the resident or homeowner.
City Services Phone Directory
- Police Department 314-428-7374 North County Police Cooperative
- Fire Department 314-867-5360 Metro North Fire District, 314-741-1000 Black Jack Fire Department
- Parks and Recreation 314-835-6150
- Public Works 314-835-6130
- Electricity Ameren Missouri
- Natural Gas Spire
- Water Missouri American Water Company
- Sewer MSD (Metropolitan Sewer District)
- Garbage / Recycling Republic Services
1415 Chambers Road Dellwood MO 63135
The information contained in this directory and on each city, municipality, and county listing is furnished and believed to be reliable by the American Society of Home Inspectors, St. Louis Chapter hereinafter known as St. Louis ASHI and its officers and members' knowledge. However, all information should be independently verified by the user prior to use. Neither the St. Louis ASHI, the American Society of Home Inspectors, Inc., nor its officers, directors or members may be held liable for errors, omissions, misuse or misinterpretation. There is no warranty, expressed or implied, as to the accuracy of any information. Please check with the individual governmental and related entities to confirm the information or if you have any questions. These ordinances and requirements often change; and we cannot guarantee the accuracy of this information.
LOGO and TRADEMARK DISCLAIMER: All trademarks, trade names, or logos mentioned or used are the property of their respective owners. Every effort has been made to properly capitalize, punctuate, identify and attribute trademarks and trade names to their respective owners, including the use of ® and ™ (TM) wherever possible and practical. The “St. Louis ASHI” name and logo are trademarks and properties of the St. Louis Chapter of the American Society of Home Inspectors.