St. Louis, MO. Surrounding Counties, and Municipal Information
This information has been compiled to provide
sewer lateral insurance programs, and other valuable information pertaining to cities, municipalities, and counties in the St. Louis region and surrounding counties.
Sorry, we are currently closed.
|Monday||8:00 am||–||4:30 pm|
|Tuesday||8:00 am||–||4:30 pm|
|Wednesday||8:00 am||–||8:30 am|
|Thursday||8:00 am||–||8:30 am|
|Friday||8:00 am||–||8:30 am|
The information on each listing is furnished and deemed reliable to the best of St. Louis ASHI’s knowledge but should be verified prior to use. St. Louis ASHI assume no liability for typographical errors, misprints or misinformation. Please check with the individual Cities if you have any questions. These ordinances change daily; therefore, we cannot guarantee the accuracy of this information.
Occupancy Permit Requirements
- Residential Occupancy Permit Required Yes
- Rental Occupancy Permit Required Yes
- Commercial Occupancy Permit Required Yes
Occupancy Inspection Details
The purpose of the Code Enforcement Division is to promote and improve the safety, health and welfare of the citizens and occupants of Hazelwood through an effective pro-active code compliance program. City Code Enforcement Officers are responsible for the enforcement of Hazelwood codes, ordinances and regulations, including, but not limited to the Residential Occupancy Permit Program, Minimum Housing and Nuisance Violations and Building Codes and Ordinances. In addition to the above regulations, the Code Enforcement Division provides the following services plus much more to the community:
Sewer Lateral Insurance Program
- Reimbursement 90%
- Limit of Coverage Up to 7,500
- Contact Information 314-839-3700
- Website http://www.hazelwoodmo.org/services/sewer-lateral-program
Sewer Lateral Program Details
Work Covered By City Sewer Lateral Program
- After a failed attempt to open the sewer lateral by rotary cutter, the property owner should contact a plumbing company to camera their sewer lateral line. Root blockage/infiltration does not qualify for the Sewer Lateral Repair Program.
- After review of the video, the City will determine eligibility for the Sewer Lateral Repair Program. If eligible, the City will determine the lowest and/or best bid and will authorize the approved St. Louis County licensed plumber/drain layer to do the repair.
- If eligible, cost of the camera work is reimbursed at 90% to the property owner. The property owner shall be responsible for the remaining 10%.
- If eligible, corrective sewer lateral repair work is reimbursed at 90% to the Contractor, less $30 for the excavation permit. The property owner shall be responsible for the remaining 10%.
- The City Sanitary Sewer Lateral Program includes repair or replacement of the defective portion of the sewer lateral line, filling the trench, and seed and straw. Right-of-way public sidewalk and sewer replacement is covered when required. The property owner shall be responsible for all other restoration (landscaping, pavement or other work requested by the property owner).
- The maximum City contribution shall be $7,500.00.
- Sewer line maintenance cost is not covered by the program.
- Property owners who are delinquent in paying the City sewer lateral fee will not be allowed to participate in the Sewer Lateral Repair Program until all delinquent fees and/or penalties are paid.
*** Please Note: Most municipalities, cities, and counties with sewer lateral programs limit reimbursements and expenses to the amount available in the Fund at any time. Some offer waiting lists and reimbursements out of the next year’s Fund revenue. Funds typically are on a first-come, first-served basis. You should always check on fund availability. Additionally, most municipalities will require proof of PAID real estate tax bills, city fees, taxes, including personal property taxes, and trash fees if applicable for eligibility to participate in any available programs.
City Services Phone Directory
- Police Department 314-513-5200
- Fire Department 314-731-3424
- Animal Control 314-838-5000
- Parks and Recreation 314-731-0980
- Public Works 314-839-0249
- Electricity Ameren Missouri
- Natural Gas Spire
- Water Missouri American Water Company
- Sewer MSD (Metropolitan Sewer District)
415 Elm Grove Lane Hazelwood MO 63042
The information contained in this directory and on each city, municipality, and county listing is furnished and believed to be reliable by the American Society of Home Inspectors, St. Louis Chapter hereinafter known as St. Louis ASHI and its officers and members' knowledge. However, all information should be independently verified by the user prior to use. Neither the St. Louis ASHI, the American Society of Home Inspectors, Inc., nor its officers, directors or members may be held liable for errors, omissions, misuse or misinterpretation. There is no warranty, expressed or implied, as to the accuracy of any information. Please check with the individual governmental and related entities to confirm the information or if you have any questions. These ordinances and requirements often change; and we cannot guarantee the accuracy of this information.
LOGO and TRADEMARK DISCLAIMER: All trademarks, trade names, or logos mentioned or used are the property of their respective owners. Every effort has been made to properly capitalize, punctuate, identify and attribute trademarks and trade names to their respective owners, including the use of ® and ™ (TM) wherever possible and practical. The “St. Louis ASHI” name and logo are trademarks and properties of the St. Louis Chapter of the American Society of Home Inspectors.