St. Louis, MO. Surrounding Counties, and Municipal Information
This information has been compiled to provide
sewer lateral insurance programs, and other valuable information pertaining to cities, municipalities, and counties in the St. Louis region and surrounding counties.
Sorry, we are currently closed.
|Monday||8:00 am||–||4:30 pm|
|Tuesday||8:00 am||–||4:30 pm|
|Wednesday||8:00 am||–||4:30 pm|
|Thursday||8:00 am||–||4:30 pm|
|Friday||8:00 am||–||4:30 pm|
The information on each listing is furnished and deemed reliable to the best of St. Louis ASHI’s knowledge but should be verified prior to use. St. Louis ASHI assume no liability for typographical errors, misprints or misinformation. Please check with the individual Cities if you have any questions. These ordinances change daily; therefore, we cannot guarantee the accuracy of this information.
Occupancy Permit Requirements
- Residential Occupancy Permit Required Yes
- Rental Occupancy Permit Required Yes
- Commercial Occupancy Permit Required Yes
Occupancy Inspection Details
A municipal inspection is required with any change of ownership or occupant. The Occupancy Permit must be obtained prior to occupancy.
Check here for guidelines to Manchester’s municipal inspections.
If you have any questions, we are happy to guide you through the process. Please feel free to contact the Planning and Zoning Department at 636.227.1385 ext. 118.
Sewer Lateral Insurance Program
- Limit of Coverage Up to 6,000
- Contact Information 636-227-1385
- Website https://www.manchestermo.gov/251/Sewer-Lateral-Repair-Program
- What portion of lateral repair / replacement is covered by program? 3' to 5' from the outside the foundation wall to the sewer main
Sewer Lateral Program Details
Homeowner pays first $750.
Policy & Procedures
- This program provides insurance coverage to assist Manchester homeowners with the cost of repairs to residential sewer lateral service lines. Manchester’s program applies to all residential property containing 6 or fewer dwelling units and all individual condominium units.
- The owner of a single family home may have authorized costs not to exceed $6,000 covered by the insurance program in repairing defective sewer lateral service lines serving the property of the owner, in compliance with the City’s policy and procedures governing this program.
- Each owner of a single family home shall be assessed $28 per year on their annual general tax levy bill. Owners of residential dwellings who are delinquent in paying any City of Manchester taxes, fees or assessments will not be allowed to participate in the program until all taxes; fees, assessment and interest have been paid.
- Commercial and industrial properties cannot participate in the program.
- A sewer lateral service line is the sewer line, which generally extends three to five (3-5) feet from the outside of the building foundation wall or exterior wall to the sewer main in the street or sewer easement. It does not include a sewer line located under any part of any building. A sewer lateral service line may be located in a front, side, or rear yard.
- A defective lateral sewer service is defined as a line not functioning properly due to one or more of the following reasons:
- Collapsed or broken to the extent that adequate flow is not permitted
- Severe offset of a joint that does not permit adequate flow
- Severe backfall or belly that does not permit adequate flow
- Sewer blockage that cannot be physically cleaned out
- Owner is experiencing a problem with their sewer lateral service line, the Owner must contact a licensed plumbing company or licensed drainlayer to have the lateral sewer service line cabled. (Sometimes the problem is not with the line itself, but may have become clogged by materials in the line.) As a common home maintenance expense, the cost of this cabling is not reimbursable by the Program.
- If the problem is not resolved by cabling of the line, the owner should file a repair program application with the City. A $750 application fee must be submitted with the application.
Applications are available on the City’s website or at:
Manchester City Hall
14318 Manchester Road
Manchester MO 63011
*** Please Note: Most municipalities, cities, and counties with sewer lateral programs limit reimbursements and expenses to the amount available in the Fund at any time. Some offer waiting lists and reimbursements out of the next year’s Fund revenue. Funds typically are on a first-come, first-served basis. You should always check on fund availability. Additionally, most municipalities will require proof of PAID real estate tax bills, city fees, taxes, including personal property taxes, and trash fees if applicable for eligibility to participate in any available programs.
City Services Phone Directory
- Police Department 636-227-1410
- Fire Department 636-256-2000 West County EMS & Fire Protection District
- Animal Control 314-615-0650
- Parks and Recreation 636-391-6326
- Public Works 636-227-1385
- Electricity Ameren Missouri
- Natural Gas Spire
- Water Missouri American Water Company
- Sewer MSD (Metropolitan Sewer District)
- Garbage / Recycling 636-947-5959 Republic Trash Service
14318 Manchester Road Manchester MO 63011
The information contained in this directory and on each city, municipality, and county listing is furnished and believed to be reliable by the American Society of Home Inspectors, St. Louis Chapter hereinafter known as St. Louis ASHI and its officers and members' knowledge. However, all information should be independently verified by the user prior to use. Neither the St. Louis ASHI, the American Society of Home Inspectors, Inc., nor its officers, directors or members may be held liable for errors, omissions, misuse or misinterpretation. There is no warranty, expressed or implied, as to the accuracy of any information. Please check with the individual governmental and related entities to confirm the information or if you have any questions. These ordinances and requirements often change; and we cannot guarantee the accuracy of this information.
LOGO and TRADEMARK DISCLAIMER: All trademarks, trade names, or logos mentioned or used are the property of their respective owners. Every effort has been made to properly capitalize, punctuate, identify and attribute trademarks and trade names to their respective owners, including the use of ® and ™ (TM) wherever possible and practical. The “St. Louis ASHI” name and logo are trademarks and properties of the St. Louis Chapter of the American Society of Home Inspectors.