St. Louis, MO. Surrounding Counties, and Municipal Information
This information has been compiled to provide
sewer lateral insurance programs, and other valuable information pertaining to cities, municipalities, and counties in the St. Louis region and surrounding counties.
Sorry, we are currently closed.
|Monday||8:00 am||–||5:00 pm|
|Tuesday||8:00 am||–||5:00 pm|
|Wednesday||8:00 am||–||6:00 pm|
|Thursday||8:00 am||–||5:00 pm|
|Friday||8:00 am||–||5:00 pm|
The information on each listing is furnished and deemed reliable to the best of St. Louis ASHI’s knowledge but should be verified prior to use. St. Louis ASHI assume no liability for typographical errors, misprints or misinformation. Please check with the individual Cities if you have any questions. These ordinances change daily; therefore, we cannot guarantee the accuracy of this information.
Occupancy Permit Requirements
- Residential Occupancy Permit Required Yes
- Rental Occupancy Permit Required Yes
- Conditional Occupancy Permit No
- Commercial Occupancy Permit Required Yes
Occupancy Inspection Details
Sewer Lateral Insurance Program
- Limit of Coverage 100%
- Contact Information 314-428-4677
- Website http://mo-overland2.civicplus.com/DocumentCenter/View/2375/SLRP-Application?bidId=
Sewer Lateral Program Details
The repair lateral repair program applies to single-family homes, duplexes or apartment buildings containing not more than six (6) dwelling units.
- Sewer lateral repair from the main line in the street or sewer easement to the building foundation are eligible under this program. It does not include a sewer line located under any permanent structure. A lateral sewer line service line may be located in the front, side or rear yard.
- A sewer lateral is defined as the portion of the sewage system which carries household wastes to the Metropolitan Sewer District (M.S.D.) sewer main and which lies between the structure foundation wall, or exterior wall if construction is non-traditional and the sewer main. Damaged or blocked pipes located within the exterior walls of the structure are not covered under this program. This service is not available to commercial or industrial (as determined by the primary use of the land) property.
- The City Council may periodically amend these guidelines in the best interest of the City and its homeowners, except as they may be restricted by State law or the City Ordinances.
- If an owner is experiencing a problem with the lateral sewer service line, the owner must first contact a plumber or drain and sewer cleaning company to have the sewer line cabled. If the problem is not resolved by cabling the line, the owner will fill out an application and bring a copy of the paid bill for cabling services and proof of paid real estate taxes.
- The City may arrange for a private contractor to televise the line so that the cause and location of the problem can be determined. If the television inspection demonstrates that the line is defective, the testing contractor shall be paid by the City. If the television inspection fails to demonstrate that the line is defective, the testing contractor shall be paid by the homeowner. The corrective work is limited to excavating, repair of the lateral, backfilling, and seeding and strawing of the disturbed portion of the yard. The City will not be responsible for restoration of any landscaping, such as bushes, trees or special grass on the property. Additional work will be done at the homeowner’s expense.
- The program will only pay for the replacement of sidewalks, driveways and streets removed to accomplish the repair under this policy. Special request for certain concrete or asphalt material will not be accepted nor reimbursed under this program.
*** Please Note: Most municipalities, cities, and counties with sewer lateral programs limit reimbursements and expenses to the amount available in the Fund at any time. Some offer waiting lists and reimbursements out of the next year’s Fund revenue. Funds typically are on a first-come, first-served basis. You should always check on fund availability. Additionally, most municipalities will require proof of PAID real estate tax bills, city fees, taxes, including personal property taxes, and trash fees if applicable for eligibility to participate in any available programs.
City Services Phone Directory
- Police Department 314-428-1221 Overland Police Dept
- Fire Department 314-428-1128 Community Fire Protection District
- Building Permits 314-428-4677
- Parks and Recreation 314-428-0490
- Public Works 314-227-2930
- Electricity Ameren Missouri
- Natural Gas Spire
- Water Missouri American Water Company
- Sewer MSD (Metropolitan Sewer District)
- Garbage / Recycling Republic Services (Allied Waste)
9119 Lackland Road Overland MO 63114
The information contained in this directory and on each city, municipality, and county listing is furnished and believed to be reliable by the American Society of Home Inspectors, St. Louis Chapter hereinafter known as St. Louis ASHI and its officers and members' knowledge. However, all information should be independently verified by the user prior to use. Neither the St. Louis ASHI, the American Society of Home Inspectors, Inc., nor its officers, directors or members may be held liable for errors, omissions, misuse or misinterpretation. There is no warranty, expressed or implied, as to the accuracy of any information. Please check with the individual governmental and related entities to confirm the information or if you have any questions. These ordinances and requirements often change; and we cannot guarantee the accuracy of this information.
LOGO and TRADEMARK DISCLAIMER: All trademarks, trade names, or logos mentioned or used are the property of their respective owners. Every effort has been made to properly capitalize, punctuate, identify and attribute trademarks and trade names to their respective owners, including the use of ® and ™ (TM) wherever possible and practical. The “St. Louis ASHI” name and logo are trademarks and properties of the St. Louis Chapter of the American Society of Home Inspectors.