St. Louis, MO. Surrounding Counties, and Municipal Information
Occupancy inspection information, sewer lateral insurance programs pertaining to cities, municipalities, and counties in the St. Louis region and surrounding counties.
Sorry, we are currently closed.
|Monday||8:30 am||–||5:00 pm|
|Tuesday||8:30 am||–||5:00 pm|
|Wednesday||8:30 am||–||5:00 pm|
|Thursday||8:30 am||–||5:00 pm|
|Friday||8:30 am||–||5:00 pm|
The information on each listing is furnished and deemed reliable to the best of St. Louis ASHI’s knowledge but should be verified prior to use. St. Louis ASHI assume no liability for typographical errors, misprints or misinformation. Please check with the individual Cities if you have any questions. These ordinances change daily; therefore, we cannot guarantee the accuracy of this information.
Occupancy Permit Requirements
- Residential Occupancy Permit Required No
- Rental Occupancy Permit Required No Details Available
- Commercial Occupancy Permit Required Yes
Sewer Lateral Insurance Program
- Limit of Coverage Up to 7,500
- Contact Information 314-835-6130
- Website https://www.desperesmo.org/120/Sanitary-Sewer-Lateral-Program
Sewer Lateral Program Details
Before the City’s insurance policy will cover repairs, the homeowner needs to take a few steps to make sure the sewer lateral is indeed collapsed or damaged, rather than just clogged.
- Call a plumbing or sewer cleaning service and have them clean the sewer lateral line. The homeowner is responsible for the cost of this service call. If the cleaning solves the problem, the sewer lateral is fine. If it does not solve the problem, the plumber should state the problem on the homeowner’s invoice and the homeowner should apply to the Sewer Lateral Program. A $150.00 application fee is required.
- The city will review the claim and arrange for our investigative contractor to video the inside of the pipe. This investigation will be used to ensure the line is collapsed or damaged.
- If the video shows damage, our repair contractor will repair the line. The homeowner does not need to get bids for the repair.
- Expenses less than $7,500 will be paid by the City. All costs thereafter are the homeowner’s responsibility.
- The contractor provides the City with a certificate of insurance and performance bond for this work. The company is licensed and has significant experience in doing this type of sewer repairs.
- Substantially solid sewer lines that merely have a few roots in them will not be replaced. Cabling of such lines is the homeowner’s responsibility.
- Should the scope of the project involve more than $7,500 in total charges, the owner will be given the choice of either directly paying the contractor for more work, or having the project stopped.
Please contact the public works department at 314-835-6130 for more information and to see if you qualify for the program.
View the procedures and application here.
*** Please Note: Most municipalities, cities, and counties with sewer lateral programs limit reimbursements and expenses to the amount available in the Fund at any time. Some offer waiting lists and reimbursements out of the next year’s Fund revenue. Funds typically are on a first-come, first-served basis. You should always check on fund availability. Additionally, most municipalities will require proof of PAID real estate tax bills, city fees, taxes, including personal property taxes, and trash fees if applicable for eligibility to participate in any available programs.
City Services Phone Directory
- Police Department 314-835-6200
- Fire Department 314-835-6200 Des Peres Public Safety
- Building Permits 314-835-6130
- Parks and Recreation 314-835-6150
- Public Works 314-835-6130
- Electricity Ameren Missouri
- Natural Gas Spire
- Water Missouri American Water Company
- Sewer MSD (Metropolitan Sewer District)
- Garbage / Recycling Waste Connections (City of Des Peres offers Complimentary)
12325 Manchester Road Des Peres MO 63131
The information contained in this directory and on each city, municipality, and county listing is furnished and believed to be reliable by the American Society of Home Inspectors, St. Louis Chapter hereinafter known as St. Louis ASHI and its officers and members' knowledge. However, all information should be independently verified by the user prior to use. Neither the St. Louis ASHI, the American Society of Home Inspectors, Inc., nor its officers, directors or members may be held liable for errors, omissions, misuse or misinterpretation. There is no warranty, expressed or implied, as to the accuracy of any information. Please check with the individual governmental and related entities to confirm the information or if you have any questions. These ordinances and requirements often change; and we cannot guarantee the accuracy of this information.
LOGO and TRADEMARK DISCLAIMER: All trademarks, trade names, or logos mentioned or used are the property of their respective owners. Every effort has been made to properly capitalize, punctuate, identify and attribute trademarks and trade names to their respective owners, including the use of ® and ™ (TM) wherever possible and practical. The “St. Louis ASHI” name and logo are trademarks and properties of the St. Louis Chapter of the American Society of Home Inspectors.