St. Louis, MO. Surrounding Counties, and Municipal Information
Occupancy inspection information, sewer lateral insurance programs pertaining to cities, municipalities, and counties in the St. Louis region and surrounding counties.
The information on each listing is furnished and deemed reliable to the best of St. Louis ASHI’s knowledge but should be verified prior to use. St. Louis ASHI assume no liability for typographical errors, misprints or misinformation. Please check with the individual Cities if you have any questions. These ordinances change daily; therefore, we cannot guarantee the accuracy of this information.
Occupancy Permit Requirements
- Residential Occupancy Permit Required Yes
- Rental Occupancy Permit Required Yes
- Conditional Occupancy Permit No
- Commercial Occupancy Permit Required Yes
- Fire Inspection Required Yes
Sewer Lateral Insurance Program
- Reimbursement Per Lateral Program Criteria
- Limit of Coverage Contact City of Ellisville
- Contact Information 636-227-9660
- Website https://www.ellisville.mo.us/164/Sewer-Lateral-Insurance-Program
- What portion of lateral repair / replacement is covered by program? Between the foundation wall, or exterior wall and the sewer main
Sewer Lateral Program Details
The Ellisville Sewer Lateral Insurance Program provides insurance coverage to assist homeowners with the cost of repairs to residential sewer lateral service lines.
Steps in Sewer Lateral Insurance Program
- Identification of a defective private sewer lateral
- Blockage (unresolvable by private cabling)
- Cave-In (investigated by the city and Metropolitan St. Louis Sewer District, MSD)
- Leakage (raw sewage on ground)
- Application to city by homeowner
- City contractor performs camera inspection and locates defective section
- Upon city authorization, homeowner obtains three bids from city-approved contractors
- Homeowner has work performed by contractor approved by city
- Payment is made to contractor upon completion of work
The city has no obligation or responsibility for the performance of the contractor and no responsibility for any damages caused to the owner’s property because of sewer line defects.
When the city determines an emergency or special circumstances exist, the bidding requirements may be waived by the city. In these special situations, the homeowner will be authorized to contact a specific contractor of the city’s choice or the city may authorize the use of a contractor who is not the low bidder.
If the city is notified of, or otherwise becomes aware of, the probability of a leaking sanitary sewer lateral, then the city will take appropriate steps to identify the cause. This may include a dye test, video or camera inspection, or any other steps deemed necessary. The homeowner is responsible for repair or replacement of a leaking or defective sewer lateral. You may be eligible for assistance under the Sewer Lateral Insurance program.
If you have questions about the sewer lateral insurance program, please contact Holly Woodland at 636-227-9660, Monday through Friday between 8:30 a.m. and 5 p.m.
*** Please Note: Most municipalities, cities, and counties with sewer lateral programs limit reimbursements and expenses to the amount available in the Fund at any time. Some offer waiting lists and reimbursements out of the next year’s Fund revenue. Funds typically are on a first-come, first-served basis. You should always check on fund availability. Additionally, most municipalities will require proof of PAID real estate tax bills, city fees, taxes, including personal property taxes, and trash fees if applicable for eligibility to participate in any available programs.
City Services Phone Directory
- Police Department 636-227-7777
- Fire Department 636-458-2100 Metro West Fire Protection District
- Building Permits 636-300-7516
- Parks and Recreation 636-227-7508
- Public Works 636-591-6666
- Electricity Ameren Missouri
- Natural Gas Spire
- Water Missouri American Water Company
- Sewer MSD (Metropolitan Sewer District)
1 Weis Avenue Ellisville MO 63011
The information contained in this directory and on each city, municipality, and county listing is furnished and believed to be reliable by the American Society of Home Inspectors, St. Louis Chapter hereinafter known as St. Louis ASHI and its officers and members' knowledge. However, all information should be independently verified by the user prior to use. Neither the St. Louis ASHI, the American Society of Home Inspectors, Inc., nor its officers, directors or members may be held liable for errors, omissions, misuse or misinterpretation. There is no warranty, expressed or implied, as to the accuracy of any information. Please check with the individual governmental and related entities to confirm the information or if you have any questions. These ordinances and requirements often change; and we cannot guarantee the accuracy of this information.
LOGO and TRADEMARK DISCLAIMER: All trademarks, trade names, or logos mentioned or used are the property of their respective owners. Every effort has been made to properly capitalize, punctuate, identify and attribute trademarks and trade names to their respective owners, including the use of ® and ™ (TM) wherever possible and practical. The “St. Louis ASHI” name and logo are trademarks and properties of the St. Louis Chapter of the American Society of Home Inspectors.