St. Louis, MO. Surrounding Counties, and Municipal Information
Occupancy inspection information, sewer lateral insurance programs pertaining to cities, municipalities, and counties in the St. Louis region and surrounding counties.
Sorry, we are currently closed.
|Monday||10:00 am||–||3:00 pm|
|Tuesday||10:00 am||–||3:00 pm|
|Wednesday||3:00 pm||–||5:00 pm|
|Thursday||10:00 am||–||3:00 pm|
The information on each listing is furnished and deemed reliable to the best of St. Louis ASHI’s knowledge but should be verified prior to use. St. Louis ASHI assume no liability for typographical errors, misprints or misinformation. Please check with the individual Cities if you have any questions. These ordinances change daily; therefore, we cannot guarantee the accuracy of this information.
Occupancy Permit Requirements
- Residential Occupancy Permit Required Yes
- Rental Occupancy Permit Required Yes
- Conditional Occupancy Permit No
- Commercial Occupancy Permit Required Yes
Occupancy Inspection Details
House/Apartment Sale or Rent
- Changes in occupancy require an inspection $100.00 and new occupants require occupancy permit $25 BEFORE moving in. Applies to residential and business.
- Owners must apply and pay for the inspection BEFORE the sale or rental occupancy. Please allow several days to two weeks for the entire inspection and re-inspection process to be completed.
- The property must pass inspection BEFORE occupancy can be granted.
Sewer Lateral Insurance Program
- Limit of Coverage 100%
- Contact Information 314-615-8427 St. Louis County Public Works
- What portion of lateral repair / replacement is covered by program? Between the foundation wall, or exterior wall and the sewer main
Sewer Lateral Program Details
Please contact the city of Greendale or St. Louis County for reimbursement percentage and plan limits.
The St. Louis County Director of Public Works or his/her designee.
Real estate identified by a single locator number which is assessed as residential by the Assessor of Revenue and which contains six (6) or less dwelling units.
That portion of a residential property’s sanitary sewer piping that runs between the foundation of the residence and a sewer main or private sewage disposal field, not including treatment tanks, pumps or other equipment.
SEWER LATERAL REPAIR
The patching or replacement of a defective sewer lateral line, including associated digging and the replacement of dirt and seeding of affected areas. Sewer lateral repair shall not include replacement of landscaping or ornamental structures but shall include replacement of structural facilities required for safe occupancy of a residence or safe use of property.
Application For Participation in Sewer Lateral Repair Program.
Persons who wish to participate in the sewer lateral repair program shall complete an application on forms to be created and provided by the department. In order to be eligible for participation in the program, applicant shall
- Provide satisfactory proof of ownership, or consent to repair by the owner(s), of all premises on, over and under which sewer lateral repairs are to be affected.
- Provide written certification that neither the applicant(s), the owner(s) nor anyone on their behalf will make any claim against or seek any relief from either St. Louis County or the City of Greendale arising out of or in connection with any work done or any action taken in connection with the sewer lateral repair program. Applicant shall further certify applicant’s acknowledgment that neither St. Louis County nor the City of Greendale is responsible for the acts of the contractor making the sewer lateral repairs and that applicant shall indemnify both St. Louis County and the City of Greendale and hold St. Louis County and the City of Greendale harmless from any and all claims arising out of the applicant’s participation in, and work performed and actions taken in connection with, the sewer lateral repair program.
- Provide written certification of a properly licensed master plumber or master drain layer that the sewer lateral has been cabled and that cabling did not resolve the problem.
- Provide a written statement from a properly licensed master plumber or master drain layer advising of the nature and location of the problem in such detail that Director may adequately determine both the nature of the problem and the bidding requirements for sewer lateral repair.
- Certify that applicant has the authority to and does consent to the performance of sewer lateral repair work on and about the property described in the application, that applicant will not interfere with the work to be performed by the contractor selected by Director, and that applicant shall reimburse St. Louis County and the City of Greendale for all expenses incurred by St. Louis County and the City of Greendale on applicant’s behalf in the event that applicant withdraws permission to proceed or otherwise interferes with performance of work authorized under this program.
- Certify that applicant understands and acknowledges that sewer lateral repair includes only the patching or replacement of a defective sewer lateral line, including associated digging and the replacement of dirt and seeding of affected areas and does not include replacement of landscaping or ornamental structures but only replacement of structural facilities required for safe occupancy of a residence of safe use of property.
*** Please Note: Most municipalities, cities, and counties with sewer lateral programs limit reimbursements and expenses to the amount available in the Fund at any time. Some offer waiting lists and reimbursements out of the next year’s Fund revenue. Funds typically are on a first-come, first-served basis. You should always check on fund availability. Additionally, most municipalities will require proof of PAID real estate tax bills, city fees, taxes, including personal property taxes, and trash fees if applicable for eligibility to participate in any available programs.
City Services Phone Directory
- Police Department 314-427-8000
- Fire Department 314-863-4018 Mid County Fire Protection District
- Animal Control 314-831-6500 St. Louis County Animal Control
- Building Permits 314-383-2577
- Electricity Ameren Missouri
- Natural Gas Spire
- Water Missouri American Water Company
- Sewer MSD (Metropolitan Sewer District)
- Garbage / Recycling Waste Management 314-506-4700
7309 Natural Bridge Road, Room 204 St. Louis MO 63121
The information contained in this directory and on each city, municipality, and county listing is furnished and believed to be reliable by the American Society of Home Inspectors, St. Louis Chapter hereinafter known as St. Louis ASHI and its officers and members' knowledge. However, all information should be independently verified by the user prior to use. Neither the St. Louis ASHI, the American Society of Home Inspectors, Inc., nor its officers, directors or members may be held liable for errors, omissions, misuse or misinterpretation. There is no warranty, expressed or implied, as to the accuracy of any information. Please check with the individual governmental and related entities to confirm the information or if you have any questions. These ordinances and requirements often change; and we cannot guarantee the accuracy of this information.
LOGO and TRADEMARK DISCLAIMER: All trademarks, trade names, or logos mentioned or used are the property of their respective owners. Every effort has been made to properly capitalize, punctuate, identify and attribute trademarks and trade names to their respective owners, including the use of ® and ™ (TM) wherever possible and practical. The “St. Louis ASHI” name and logo are trademarks and properties of the St. Louis Chapter of the American Society of Home Inspectors.